Friday, September 17, 2010

swiss post.

I arrived into Frankfurt yesterday afternoon, then took a train to Mannheim, then a train to Basel, then a final train to Zurich. I forgot how friendly europeans are. At the Deutsche Bahn train station in the Frankfurt Airport, so many people were offering to help with my baggage onto the train, stairs, escalators, etc They were just as nice as last year when I came to Germany to study in Kassel...

So, this is my first time in Switzerland, and even though I haven't seen much yet, I can tell that I'm really going to like this country. Even the train ride itself was a beauty. Maybe it's just me, but I got bored with the german countryside. Besides the canola fields, it really looks like a small version of Canada. Going into Switzerland was beautiful. Tall mountains, trees, fields ON mountains, etc. Pictures will be posted soon...

So far, since I've arrived into Zurich, I have been introduced to a swiss tram and swiss food. Apparently the food quality is really great, and I can say that I agree, at least with their organic raspberry yogurt. I can't wait to taste the rest after we go do our groceries later on today... After that, we'll go for a walk in Zurich and go exploring. It is a Friday night after all! Really looking forward to this week in Zurich... I'll let you all know how it goes!

erin.

No comments:

Post a Comment